Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Funny Little Girl


I just wanted to take a post to mention some of the funny things that Lexi has done to make me laugh lately...

*Lexi has been extremely attached to her pacifier, which she has named her "aya" (can't quite figure out how she came up with that name) I had been thinking for quite a while that we needed to get rid of it, but began to dread it because I knew it would be really difficult. Anytime I would try to take it away or tell her she couldn't have it she would throw a huge tantrum. And one night we couldn't find any of them and she was literally up the entire night, spazzing out and crying for it. I had always heard of the idea of cutting the tips off and thought I would give it a shot, because that way she wouldn't think I was taking them away from her. So about a week ago I cut the tips off of all the pacifiers we had and when she asked for one I just gave it to her. She took one look at it and said "Oh Nooo! Aya Broken!" She knew that we kept more pacifiers up on the shelf so she asked for another one, so I kept handing her more so she could see they were all broken. I'm excited to say that this trick actually worked! She didn't want them anymore if they were broken, and she didn't make a big deal of it at all. She still would ask for one every once in a while, but I would remind her or show her that they were broken. So about 4 days into it and everything was going really well, we were hanging out at home and all the sudden Lexi comes running out of her room, yelling "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" and then once she got my attention she excitedly started galloping around the room with a pacifier in her mouth singing "I found it! I found it! I found it!" She had obviously found one that had been lost a for a while in her room. I couldn't help but laugh at how triumphant and excited she was. I let her hold on to it for a few minutes, but quickly snook it away when she took it out. When she asked about it I just said.... "aya for babies", she tought about it for a few seconds and then repeated "for babies" and ran off to play.

Another funny thing that happened recently was the other day I just could not get Lexi to go down for her nap. She finally fell asleep around 7:30 which is way too early for her to go to bed. I decided just to let her sleep, knowing she would probably wake up in the middle of the night. Sure enough she woke up around 2:30 wide awake. I put on a movie for her in the living room and got back into bed. About 10 minutes later I heard her desperately crying "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I ran out there real fast to see what was so urgent and Lexi just turned to me and asked, "Hot Chocolate?" She's had hot chocolate maybe a couple of times. It cracked me up that this was her special request in the middle of the night. Of course I let her have some!

No comments:

Blog Archive